WordPress empowers more than twenty percent of the entire internet. Its popularity has increased over time. Hiring the right developer can cost you more than it should over time if not managed from the beginning. Here are some helpful questions to ask.
Questions to ask before hiring a WordPress developer?
- What is your experience with WordPress?– This is an important factor. This will benefit the time it will require producing your product as well as the quality of the code. It is also worthy to have a good understanding of the WordPress Codex.
- What is your understanding of HTML, PHP, CSS, and jQuery?– these resources are used in themes and plugins. Although MySQL should be included, the database model and WordPress Codex allow extending without creating new tables.
There are separate sub-questions for each resource to consider before hiring.
Questions to ask before hiring a WordPress theme developer?
- Will the theme be responsive?– Your website should display in a viewable format for each device. This includes mobile devices and extra large screens.
- What is your QA process?– Each device, browser, and resolution displays differently. Request that your product is tested all across major devices and operating systems available.
Questions to ask before hiring a WordPress plugin developer?
- Will you enable WP_DEBUG?– An understanding of debugging systems available in WordPress. There is a plugin named Debug Bar that will make it much easier to monitor errors, warnings, and notices.
Lastly, how will support and maintenance be provided? These details need to be discussed upfront and outlined. It is also best to get a quote of the total hours.