Why WordPress is Ideal for Your E-Store?
It’s because WordPress offers a wide range of e-commerce plugins like WooCommerce, easy customization options, SEO-friendly structure, strong security measures, and a large community for support and resources. eCommerce websites are fast changing the market dynamics as these e-shops offer more accessibility, more flexibility, and more usability to the shoppers. When we talk about eCommerce web development, the first thing that comes into mind is creating an admin control panel so that business owners can add products and features to their online shops without actually using the services of professional web developers.
There are many designers and developers who are now choosing WordPress (WP) for developing eCommerce websites because of obvious reasons. WordPress is an open-source content publishing and management tool that facilitates web developers to offer unmatched managed solutions to their clients. Business owners, even the least tech-savvy ones among them, can get all the necessary controls and plug-ins for managing the e-stores at their fingertips. Let’s analyze why WordPress has become a preferred choice of most eCommerce site designers and business owners alike.
WordPress popularity around the world: Amazing facts and figures
That WordPress has already become the world’s choice when it comes to eCommerce site development and management is best revealed through the amazing facts and figures pointed out below.
- Across the world, WP has been installed by 60 million users and growing
- One-sixth of all the websites in the world (including some of the top sites) are built on WP
- Half of all the sites that come with content management systems (CMS) are built on WP
- WP is a free-to-use and open-source CMS which been developed by contributors from around the world
- WP is easily manageable and customizable
- It offers added functionality and security features
WordPress is all in all a robust web development platform that comes with a plethora of plug-ins and additional functionality that help the designers to offer tailored web development/ design solutions to their clients.
Salient benefits of WordPress as an eCommerce development platform
If stats alone do not surprise or impress you, here below are some salient aspects of the web-commerce site development tool for you.
- Variety of themes: There is a wide variety of themes available for WordPress, though only a small percentage of these themes are befitting for eCommerce websites. However, this small percentage actually equals a cornucopia of themes readily available for website design and development. These themes are fully editable.
- Wide range of plug-ins: WP plugins are really many and they offer a nearly endless array of benefits to developers worldwide. Many of these plugins are free to download, install, and use and for anyone unfamiliar with the platform, these are nothing but apps that can be downloaded from the WP website.
- Payment gateway integration: One of the greatest concerns of eCommerce business owners is whether or not they can accept payment through their websites. Standard payment gateways such as PayPal can be easily integrated with WordPress to offer online shoppers a convenient shopping experience.
To end with, you will be surprised to know that WordPress was originally developed as a blogging platform, and not a web development platform. However, the content management system soon gained popularity as an e-store development platform, the reasons for which are now quite obvious to you.
WordPress is the most widely used CMS platform, and it is a viable option for eCommerce businesses too. With the integration of the WooCommerce plugin, you can create a dynamic eCommerce store. WordPress with WooCommerce gives you the authority of complete customization in terms of the layout and themes of the website
Exact Precisions offers managed solutions to eCommerce business owners. The Memphis, TN web design and development company is into WordPress-based website development and designing.